Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Python tool input error

akp36
Meteoroide

The Alteryx Python tool throws the following error when trying to read data:

RuntimeError: DataWrap2WrigleyDb::GoRecord: Attempt to seek past the end of the file

It often happens sometimes and does not happen other times. Is this some bug with the Alteryx python tool?

My debug workflow Looks Like this [Both the input file and text file contain data, it is not empty]:

image.png

6 RESPUESTAS 6
apathetichell
Altair

. Can you post your python code? Can you post what version of Alteryx you are running?

Did you review this article:

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Python-Tool-Error-DataWrap2WrigleyDb

akp36
Meteoroide

I am using version 2022.3. I had reviewed that article previously, I do not have any data with 0 records.

The cellwhere I am getting the error:

df = Alteryx.read("#1")
df

akp36
Meteoroide

I have realised that this only happens when I run it as an analytic app. when I am running normally with the run button this issue does not arise

apathetichell
Altair

What is your action tool doing in your app. Is it possible that when running your app that something is configured wrong and no data is going in to your python anchor?

akp36
Meteoroide

The action tool is used to update the value of the file path in the input tool. and update the text of the cells in the text input tool. Both the inputs show the data in their output anchors. However I am getting the error that the data cannot be read. Once I had this error previously which automatically solved once I restarted my computer. Which could be a coincidence I am not sure. But this is a very frequent error that I face

apathetichell
Altair

can you share the screen shots of your action tool configurations? If this is a reset issue that would point to an issue with your VENV. Is this a shared python VENV or do you only use it for Alteryx?

Etiquetas