Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Python codes not working in Citrix Environment

wwc008love
7 - Meteor

Hello. Alteryx community friends.  Looking for some help on Alteryx Python compatibility in Citrix environment. 

My employer recently decided to switch to Citrix Alteryx and stop using Alteryx Desktop. We have some Python codes working well in Alteryx Desktop for a year, now no longer working in Citrix. The Python code is simply using pywin32 library to remove password from Excel file or protect Excel password with password.  My thought is because pywin32 library only works in windows environment, thus in Citrix environment this solution encounters a environment issue. 

We have tested the same codes in both Alteryx Desktop and Citrix.  One is working, and the other is not. 

Any idea on any potential solutions for Citrix?   Thanks !  

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Have you raised a ticket to Alteryx Support? Their engineer can better troubleshoot with you. Otherwise, I would check to see if a simple Python script works in your Citrix environment - try !pip installing something random like Numpy. 

If it results in an error, can you check if you need to whitelist Python on your Citrix environment?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
wwc008love
7 - Meteor

Thanks. caltang.  The company has a Alteryx Support team, but they also don't have a clue on how to fix this issue.  In fact, we have installed the correct version of Python and the library is installed in the same path where the Python interpreter was installed.  However, still got no luck. 

One library we're using in the past, in Alteryx Desktop, is using xlwing or win32.com library to encrypt/decrypt password in Excel file.  This no longer work in Citrix, most likely due to the fact that these two libraries only interact with windows operating system, these two likely not working in Citrix or Linux operating system. 

Thanks man. I appreciate the help.  

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, I think you solved it then. If it only runs in windows operating system then Citrix or Linux is out. Strange, always thought Citrix was running on windows... 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels