Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer - Logging

mike_m_12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I currently have an Alteryx workflow (In Alteryx Designer) that I need to send the logs of the workflow to a database using a Post request. I am familiar with Alteryx log settings where you can go to Options -> User Settings .-> Edit User Settings -> Then specify a path for the logs. However, this won't work as I have a requirement to have the post request to be in the same workflow

I've also tried using a Crew runner to get the logs; however, I need to create a separate workflow to do this so I don't meet my requirement.

I was wondering if anyone has any solution as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this issue. Maybe something using a SDK (software development kit)? Thank you in advance for your response(s).

Best,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
TimN
13 - Pulsar

What do you want to write to the database, the entire log file as a blob or the individual lines of the log?  Also, do you have to use a post or can you write using Output Data tool?

mike_m_12
6 - Meteoroid

Either the entire log file as a blob or the individual lines of the log are fine. And it needs to be a post request because I'm calling an API so I don't think the output data tool would work.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Here are two pictures of writing a file to a database and reading what was written.  If you want to use the server Gallery api, the write job can be executed by a post.

mike_m_12
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the response, but I think there may be a misunderstanding. I'm not having an issue writing files to the database, I'm having an issue getting logs from my current workflow and posting them in the same workflow. Once I have these logs I can parse / format them how I need then Post them to the db.

I understand you can export logs to a specific directory / Use a runner but these solutions don't meet my requirement.

Labels