Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

!!!Alteryx Designer Keeps Crashing While Running on Parallel M1 Pro Mac

went1024
5 - Atom

Everything runs just fine. Once I click run, the output would be produced and the app would crash. 

4 REPLIES 4
rtweaverjr
6 - Meteoroid

Same thing has been happening to me for the past few months. I'm running Alteryx on Windows 11 Pro within Parallels 17 on a Mac Mini M1.

Sanoguer
6 - Meteoroid

I am also experiencing this issue. Has there been any resolution?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

There's multiple discussions of this. Try an older version of Alteryx (ie 2021.3 or 2021.4) - Parallels is like a Tandy version of Windows machine. 

rtweaverjr
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, reading some of the other discussions does lead to a workaround. If you are, like me (see above), running Windows 11 Pro within Parallels 19 (I recently upgraded from v17) on a Mac Mini M1, then install v2022.1.

And as best as I can tell, the issue has nothing to do with Parallels and everything to do with Apple's move to ARM chips since I am able to install and run newer versions of Alteryx on an Intel-based MacBook Pro (2012) using Parallels.

What I haven't tested as of yet is the just released version 2023.2 which now supports Windows 11 but still doesn't support ARM chips.

Labels