Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer |Dynamic Filter using another excel sheet

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I have a workflow where depending on another excel's A1 cell, I need to filter my data. The attached "Test.xlsx" is my data on which I run my workflow. Essentially I have another sheet "Ticker Filter.xlsx" whose cell A1 is populated with the company ticker on which we want to run the workflow. This changes with every run, i.e., depending on the request we get we choose which company we want to run the workflow. 

My worlkflow's "filter" needs to say filter my data in "Test.xlsx" for when column "Ticker" equals the value of the cell A1 of "Ticker Filter.xlsx". In my attached example, since cell A1 of my ticker files says "AAPL" - I need to filter my test data for all values matching AAPL in the first column named ticker.

Can someone tell me how to do this please?

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Mj9715, you can enable the option in the input data tool that the first row contains data, then use a join to filter. I added some extra tools just to get rid of trailing spaces. 

gabrielvilella_0-1645454504713.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Mj9715 

binuacs_0-1645455101971.png

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

Thank you - both solutions worked!

Labels