Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Crashing

LoisGower
7 - Meteor

Hey team,

Need some advice.... my Alteryx has been on go slow today so i've updated it and its still slow but now its saying this on my flow and every part of the flow i click;

LoisGower_0-1628688566272.png

Can anyone suggest how to get round this? I really don't want to lose this flow (it is saved but I think its corrupt). I have tried copying and paste it into a new flow but the same message is still coming up.

Thanks,

Lois. 

11 REPLIES 11
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LoisGower,

I had an issue like this when I used the dynamic rename tool. I deleted it and the workflow started to work correctly but what I needed to do is restart the pc first. 

After opening a workflow I had a small window(like 1-2minutes) when I actually could work with this workflow.

My suggestion would be to delete the 2-3 most recent tools and save the workflow with a new name and check if this will work for you. 

LoisGower
7 - Meteor

Hi @Emil_Kos 

Thanks for this - I haven't used a dynamic rename tool I dont think anyway. 

I have deleted the last tool I added in which was a DateTime one and saved it as a new file and the same message keeps appearing.

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @LoisGower ,

Sorry that you are getting this error.

This has happened to me before. Way to resolve it mostly trial and error on which tool is causing it. 

If that does not work i think you have the following options:-

1. Try checking if a .bak  file was created. You could possibly use this to recover an earlier version

2. Re-develop the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

LoisGower
7 - Meteor

Hi @JagdeeshN & @Emil_Kos 

Ive figured out the culprit - it is the DateTime tool, but I have opened up a new workflow and tried to add it in and its having the same issue there so its not just on that one anymore.

Any ideas how to get round this?

Thanks!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @LoisGower ,

Have you tired to restart alteryx or your computer and try this again?

Best,

Jagdeesh

LoisGower
7 - Meteor

@JagdeeshN - I am just trying to do an Alteryx update and praying at works.... I had already rebooted both computer and Alteryx before writing on here

Thanks

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LoisGower,

What do you want to achieve with the date-time tool? I can write a formula for you so you could skip that tool from the workflow 😛

Please provide a sample of data and with the date-time format or date-time parse we will overcome this. 

LoisGower
7 - Meteor

@Emil_Kos 

😮 😮 😮 you can!?

so there are two;

DOB 

Currently imported like 2021/08/11, I then used a DateTime tool so Alteryx recgonised it as a Date I think I did yyyy-mm-dd and then added another DateTime tool to change it to be read as Wed 28 2021 

Then Trans Date again imported like 2021/07/22 and choose the yyyy-mm-dd and it comes out like 2021-07-22

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you so much for helping me out, it is greatly appreciated 😄

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LoisGower,

I  builded a workflow for you.

Datetimeparse allow us to create a proper date format.

Date time format allows us to create any string format from date.

If you want to read more about this please refer to this link: https://help.alteryx.com/20212/designer/datetime-functions

The workflow should meet your requirements so I just gave you this information as a little bit more background. 

Emil_Kos_0-1628694786681.png

Labels