Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alerts Analysis on sales Data

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

Please help me with this. I'm stuck at the following

I have daily sales data for which I want to create alerts based on logic/statistics.

I've attached workflow in which I have created for alert for sales on holidays and if weekend and still there is some value of sales the it will show an alert(i.e. it will highlight that row ) 

1. Please help me how I can check for different sales analysis based on standard deviation variance for daily pattern/monthly /weekly. 

2 . Which different metrics /analysis can be used to do this?

Thanks in advance

Regards, 

Aishwarya.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ash25sumbre ,

We're going to need more information about what you're trying to do.

"1. Please help me how I can check for different sales analysis based on standard deviation variance for daily pattern/monthly /weekly. "

- By using the calculation you have created in the aggregation and by adding the same for Week and Month:

mceleavey_0-1629887416488.png

mceleavey_1-1629887440672.png 

mceleavey_2-1629887453416.png

"2 . Which different metrics /analysis can be used to do this?"

Any you want.

We need more information to understand what it you're struggling with.

Also, you need to define what you mean by "Alert". I see you are not using the email tool or events, and you have no message tool to point out in the workflow when something occurs. Perhaps you are wanting to send an email when an alert is triggered, you can do this by using the email tool and a  filter:

mceleavey_3-1629887617403.png

mceleavey_4-1629887642045.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey 

Thanks for answers.

As you mentioned about alerts its same I will add in the last in my analysis .(i.e. is email part).

Alert is something which is similar to message like pass fail or check.

But I want to analyze 

1. How can in different ways we can create alerts for sales , like if we want to look for Day wise then with what I can compare ?

2. Similarly I want look for trends in the sales pattern over year , month wise . 

3. If my each month having same average sales - how can select data for this ? how can I filter data for first week of each month? then if one of month is not meeting my set threshold then it should throw message that need to check or something

like that.

Labels