Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Ageing

Dheeru28
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have the following data:

IDNameCountry NameToday's Date
7623KaneA8-Feb
8936ParmaA8-Feb
7729FrancisY8-Feb
5591JennyM8-Feb
1933AliceC8-Feb
4729BethB8-Feb

I have added the last column, 'Today's date'. But that also needs to be created on Alteryx.

After creating that column, what I need to do is give an ageing category to the records: >30 days and <30 days

This data has to be run every month and then after reconciliation, some records will be left and they would appear again in the next month's data.

For example, if ID 7729 in the above data appears again in the next month's data, it should have an ageing category against it.

How can we do this in Alteryx?

4 REPLIES 4
jdminton
12 - Quasar

You can use DateTimeDiff([Field1]),DateTimeNow() ,"days") to calculate the number of days between a date in your data and today. With the number of days, you could use a formula tool or the tile tool to bucket the days. It's not clear why you would add today's date to your data, though. Can you explain if you are adding today's date for this calculation or adding the date so that the date the data is added is saved in the data?

wesley18mendonca_
7 - Meteor

Hi!

You can use DateTimeNow()  to record in your field "Today´s Date"  and create another field with a formula: 'Date Range - days'

if DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Today´s Date],'Days') > 30 then '>30 days' ELSE '<30 days' ENDIF

So you are going to have a field to control this range.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's a sample way to achieve what you want:

image.png

My 2 cents would be to make sure you track your snapshot dates for your raw data for when you do your ageing analysis. Otherwise things get messy. If you have an internal system generation date, that would be a more consistent date than what you are asking for.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

technically it should 

if DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Today´s Date],'Days') > 30 then '>30 days' ELSE '<=30 days' ENDIF

Labels