Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add Extract Date Back to Each Row of Data

JPSeagull
8 - Asteroid

Hi. So, I get a CSV file once a month where the first several rows are blank or has specific data I need. In the attached workflow (I converted my csv file to text input for ease of seeking help), You can see that on 4th row, second column is a date range. I solved for extracting that for having June 2024 as my reporting month. I also solved for starting at row 6 to get my header and using Dynamic Rename. All good so far, but now I want to get the Reporting month to show up on each row so when I bring everything over to Tableau, I can filter on that month. Appreciate any help to get the data blended.

This is what the raw data looks like:

Date Blend 1.PNG

This is what I am trying to achieve:

Date Blend 2.PNG

Here is the workflow screenshot (also attached):

Date Blend 3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Bobbyt23
12 - Quasar

You could bring the reporting date back in to the main dataset with the append tool which will add that as a column for every row of data.

JPSeagull
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Bobbyt23 - That was easy! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels