Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Action Tool and Special Characters "&"

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

I have a dataset that includes a column of company names that, unfortunately, include "&" in the name, e.g. "Owens & Owens" or "The Movie & Picture Company".   I need to select the dataset based on the Company Name from a Drop Down List through an Action tool, to the Filter.

The Drop Down List tool is displaying the company names correctly with the "&", but the Action tool is converting the "&" to "_".  I cannot figure out how to replace the "_" coming out of the Action tool to put the "&" back in so the filter will work correctly.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Scott

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ScottShimer 

That's an interesting one. I tested it out and even though the action tool displays it incorrectly, it still performs the required action. Have a look at the attached sample app

DavidP_0-1599859824632.png

Labels