Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ARIMA: The input configuration is invalid: This connection only accepts a single input.

Wenchi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have to use the Time Series tool in Alteryx to forecast the next 6 weeks' units of a particular product. (I've attached a screenshot of the details below.) The input for ARIMA is the unit column, which I have already filled with the average to replace null values, ensuring all data is valid. However, the output keeps showing the error "the connection only accepts single input." Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

What happens if you change the time period to weekly in the ARIMA tool so it reflects the time frame your data is in?

Wenchi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, thank you for reminding me to change the period that reflects the data!

However, after I changed it and ran again, I still got the same error...

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries - I am not sure I can help further then without replicating the error on my side. If you could post a sample of the data (feel free to anonymize it but keep the structure the same), that would be helpful

Wenchi
6 - Meteoroid

Sure, I attached the file below. So basically I have to transform the data from input to output, but now I am stuck with ARIMA and cannot continue the following steps. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me what went wrong!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Wenchi I don't see the data in your original screenshot in this workflow!

Wenchi
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong one. Here's the correct file, thanks!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries - however, the file you provided ran perfectly for me. Did you run the workflow with your TS Forecast tool at the end to forecast out 6 periods?

Wenchi
6 - Meteoroid

I noticed that someone also encountered similar issues before. I think that's because I'm using an M2 Macbook which can run Alteryx Designer using Parallel but cannot work with some programs like Predictive Tools. I haven't seen other people solve this problem yet in the community though.

I downloaded Alteryx Designer on my old Windows laptop and the workflow works. But still thank you for helping me!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Alteryx-Designer-Predictive-To... 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Good to know @Wenchi !

Labels