Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API key and Secret Key not found

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a student license key for my Alteryx designer , but I could not find my API key and Secret key in my Alteryx Gallery. I dint find any solutions relating to this topic in the support. 

Please help on this.

Regards,

Dhanya

5 REPLIES 5
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Dhanyamj ,

You must have an Alteryx Server license to use the API key and Secret.

DanM

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response. Then how do I connect to the tableau having Alteryx Designer? Is there any other way to connect it?

Thanks, 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Dhanyami,

You can connect to a Tableau Server using the Publish Tableau Server Tool found in the Connectors pallet. If you don't have a Tableau Server, you can output a tde file from the output tool and open the tde file in Tableau.

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

@DanM,

Thanks you very much for you help.

Regards,

Dhanya

cmiles
7 - Meteor

I am an instructor and want to teach my students how to use the UiPath’s Alteryx scope activity as part of a capstone project. We have already covered UiPath and Alteryx independently.

The UiPath Setup guide says the students need to:

1. Go to the Keys tab on your profile settings in Alteryx
2. Obtain the Private Studio API (Key*) and (Secret)

With a student license key for my Alteryx designer, can student access the required key? If so, how is this done?

I found this post from Jan 2020 stating that a user must have an Alteryx Server license to use the API key and Secret. Is this still the case? If so, is there a workaround?

Labels