Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

9/80 Schedule split Friday help with formula.

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

Greetings, 

I'm working on a workflow that calculates overtime for employees on a 9/80 schedule, and I'm having a hard time with the formula.

Employee Schedule Start is 8am, so Friday time recorded prior to noon corresponds to week one, and all hours recorded after noon are carried forward towards week 2 OT calculation.

Employee recorded a single line Start time 8:00 am end time 1pm 5 hrs, so technically 4 hours belong to week 1 and 1 hr belongs to week 2 calculations.  

Any recommendations are appreciated.

SOLVED

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
14 - Magnetar

share some sample data for a week. i think can help

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@BAvitia23 what I would recommend doing is finding exactly where the overtime functionally begins for each associate. This will establish an upper threshold for standard paid hours that we can test to determine if it should stay in Week 1 or roll to Week 2.

From here, we can use a Running Total and Formula tool to see if the employee's paid hours surpasses that threshold. Everything that is less than or equal to that threshold will be flagged as Week 1; everything that is greater than that threshold will be bucketed in to Week 2.

Lastly, you would use a Summarize tool and Group on the Employee Name and Week Number to get the totals for employee. 

@Raj beat me to the punch - with some sample data this should be a pretty straightforward workflow. 

Raj
14 - Magnetar

No worries! I'm here to help. If there's anything specific you need assistance with or if you have more details to provide, I'm all ears.

The reason for asking the data was because I would have created a sample workflow for him as I am unaware of the data he pushes to the system and the requirement is very Stright forward in this case.

if he is pushing the data in datetime format he could easily have done the datetime difference.

If you have any additional questions or if there's more information you'd like to share, feel free to let me know.

Labels