Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

2Gb YXDB to MS SQL Server - how to improve ?

BaDaBoom
Météore

I have a 2Gb YXDB consisting of about 40 columns and 7.5M rows. It takes forever to write its contents on MS SQL server (5% took about 5 hours, I had to cancel  because VPN connection has to be re-established every 24 hrs).

Are there best practices or ideas to (attempt to) improve the speed of writing? 

Attaching the sample workflow.

Thank you in advance!!

BDB

2 RÉPONSES 2
apathetichell
Altaïr

use datastream in? What's up with your odbc configuration? tbh - this should run in under an hour depending upon your network connection. worth looking at your resource manager to see where your bottlenecks are. I'd shut down chrome/anything else network related if it's at your network level.

BaDaBoom
Météore

just to close the loop on this question, I solved this issue by using Data Cleansing and Auto Field tools during the YXDB creation, and re-establishing ODBC via DCM. It takes about 2 hrs to push on the SQL server.

Sondage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Étiquettes