Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!
We've mirrored the Community Idea statuses with the Product Ideas statuses for more consistency. You may have received notifications of this change - apologies for any potential spam, but we hope that having all Ideas on the community have the same statuses will help you better understand what phase of the process the Idea is in. Over the next few weeks, we will update the idea statuses to their new correct version.

How to Join Names when formatted differently

Hello - I am attaching a mock workflow below. I have been having trouble using the join tool to match data from two excel files. The only "identical" column is name, but because the first file has middle names, hyphens. I end up having a lot of fallout in the left and right join tool. There is at least 10,000 rows of names to go through and I tried using the multi-row formula/different ways to parse data, but then it does not split the names correctly. Can someone please help me with this?

I want the names to be fully capital (easily done using the formula tool). However, I not sure which tools of alteryx to use after. 

1 Comment
6 - Meteoroid

@BrandonB - hello, do you have any insight on this?