cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Alteryx Academy is now in Beta! Find out more via the Community News blog and share your feedback by taking our survey!

Blending Data with Joins

Alteryx
Alteryx

Lesson Objective:    Starting your adventure in data blending?  Learn how to associate rows in two different datasets to each other with a data Join.   

Estimated Time: ~6 Minutes

Description:  

• Understand the concept of a Join to associate data in different datasets. 
  • Learn the methods by which two datasets can be Joined together and the significance of the results from a Join. 
  • Configure the outputs of your Join to best suit your analytics needs. 
  • Quiz yourself on what you've learned! 

Recommended Follow-Up Training: Understanding Data Types, Blending Data with Unions

Comments
emartin
Atom

I think it's page 8 - not working. Just a white blank screen and no audio.

M_G
Meteor

@ChristineB

A relatively new Alteryx user -

I need to join a local Excel file with a very large table in a database. In using In-Db connection and tools to speed up processing, it works fine but I can't seem to be able to make a join on my local file. It was suggested to use 'Data Stream In' tool to get data into the DB. Unfortunately, I don't have write privileges on the DB or the leverage to get such access. Is there a way to make a join on these two data files? In MS Access that would be a breeze to connect these two files through ODBC, I'm hoping Alteryx offers something similar.

Regards,

M_G 

Contributors
Labels