Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #338: Let's Summarize!

PrzemekNabozny
メテオール

Hi,

Solution attached.

スポイラ
flow.png

zraposoaandm
アステロイド
スポイラ
Capture338.PNG

My answer is different because I did a weighted average of ratings (each albums average rating*each albums number of ratings/total number of ratings). The lower section also makes sure genre is unique and doesn't have over lap 

IsaacMojica
メテオール

The real challenge was to find your way through the quirks and odds to reach the answer(challenge output).

スポイラ

I had to figure out many peculiarities in the dataset before being able to complete this challenge.

image.png

1. Different rel_date formats where only the year mattered.
2. Not including 'Various Artists'(This one is not explicit)
3. Improving Genre Output by filtering uniques rather than concatenating all the Artist(s)'s Albums-Genres.(Albums repeated Genres).
4. I was left paranoic so I also checked for duplicated album names(Fairly impossible to be honest but bad data can happen)

image.png

Really loved all the workaround and inventive checkups & solutions I came up with during this challenge. Especially how I made a significant improvement to the Genre Column. (Watch the spoilers and Download solution for more details).

rebecca_petter
アステロイド

Done

YanP
メテオール

A great exercise to explore various summarization options!

スポイラ
Screenshot 2024-08-07 171108.png

Supriya2203
アステロイド

My Solution

classyTeddy
アステロイド

The only difference between mine and the solution is some of the Average Rating with 0.005 before rounding.

For example, the crude result before rounding is 3.935. I have rounded as 3.94 while the solution gives 3.93, even we apply the same ROUND formula. Any thoughts?

delosreyesjeric
メテオール

Challenge #338 Completed!

SSorianoA
メテオール
スポイラ
Screenshot 2024-08-14 112549.png
BransonJamesFarley
メテオール

Fun concept.