Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #338: Let's Summarize!

PrzemekNabozny
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Solution attached.

Spoiler
flow.png

zraposoaandm
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture338.PNG

My answer is different because I did a weighted average of ratings (each albums average rating*each albums number of ratings/total number of ratings). The lower section also makes sure genre is unique and doesn't have over lap 

IsaacMojica
7 - Meteor

The real challenge was to find your way through the quirks and odds to reach the answer(challenge output).

Spoiler

I had to figure out many peculiarities in the dataset before being able to complete this challenge.

image.png

1. Different rel_date formats where only the year mattered.
2. Not including 'Various Artists'(This one is not explicit)
3. Improving Genre Output by filtering uniques rather than concatenating all the Artist(s)'s Albums-Genres.(Albums repeated Genres).
4. I was left paranoic so I also checked for duplicated album names(Fairly impossible to be honest but bad data can happen)

image.png

Really loved all the workaround and inventive checkups & solutions I came up with during this challenge. Especially how I made a significant improvement to the Genre Column. (Watch the spoilers and Download solution for more details).

rebecca_petter
8 - Asteroid

Done

YanP
7 - Meteor

A great exercise to explore various summarization options!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-08-07 171108.png

Supriya2203
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

classyTeddy
8 - Asteroid

The only difference between mine and the solution is some of the Average Rating with 0.005 before rounding.

For example, the crude result before rounding is 3.935. I have rounded as 3.94 while the solution gives 3.93, even we apply the same ROUND formula. Any thoughts?

delosreyesjeric
7 - Meteor

Challenge #338 Completed!

SSorianoA
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-08-14 112549.png
BransonJamesFarley
7 - Meteor

Fun concept.