Santalytics 2020

Chat, collaborate and share your ideas on how to get Santa's Workshop back up and running!

Movie finder App for Mrs. Claus

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In catching up on recent submissions to this years santalytics app challenge -- I came across @T_Willins movie finder app and felt compelled to comment.

Needing to unwind, Santa suggests to Mrs. Claus to Netflix and chill watch a movie.  

First of all, absolutely HILARIOUS. Check out the whole submission here if you need a good laugh 😂

Second, love where @grossal is going with his thought process:

...It would be a cool addition to select your streaming services, so that the selected movie is definitely available for you - or at least you know where to buy/rent them.

I've often wondered how much time I spend scrolling through 5+ streaming services to find the exact perfect thing to watch -- or knowing that I want to watch a very specific movie (like Elf last week, for example) and searching through several apps only to find out that it was only available for "free" on live TV (side note: I ended up recording it on Sling -- gotta fast forward through the commercials). I often google "where can I stream enter movie here?" and have yet to find a reliable tool or database of all the possible things to watch. As an avid TV/Movie watcher, I NEED a better solution. I suppose I'll have to try ReelGood before making judgements....

In the meantime, playing around with streaming service data is something I could get into. Anyone else dream of getting access to behind the scenes netflix and other streaming service data? hah

1 REPLY 1
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This might be a start.... https://rapidapi.com/blog/netflix-api-python/

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks