Alteryx Success Stories

Learn how Alteryx customers transform their organizations using data and analytics.
STORIES WANTED

Showcase your achievements in the Maveryx Community by submitting a Success Story now!

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

SQL, Access, Excel, and Hadoop Data Blending

DanielleR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

SQL, Access, Excel, and Hadoop Data Blending

Originally Published: 2016 Excellence Awards Entry

Overview of Use Case:

Huge data, large file and multiple applications have been created and saved and shared in a small size of Alteryx file. And now, I can test the script/coding and find the errors. This is the good way to develop the proof of concept for our company.

Describe the problem you needed to solve:

We need to go through many applications to get the data and save into one location to share and view.

Describe the working solution:

We are blending the data sources form SQL, Access Excel and Hadoop, Yes, we are leveraging many parties' data. We are developing the workflows and functions for a concept now. Yes, we are exporting to a visualization tool.

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

Describe the benefits you have achieved:

Collected the data from many locations and saved into a small size of the Alteryx database file and created the workflow and function and developed a search engine and design the proof of concept for approval and launch. Saved time and resolved the problem and increased customer satisfaction. I would like to send my sincere thanks to Mr. Mark Frisch (@MarqueeCrew), who helped us for many days to finish this project.