Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Kansas City, MO

Welcome to the Kansas City User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Kansas City Alteryx User Group 3Q22 Meeting Recap

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Kansas City Alteryx User Group 3Q22 Meeting Recap
September 14, 1:00PM to 3:00PM CST

We had another great user group meeting last week, with some fantastic presentations and group interaction. I covered the community updates and highlights, including the 2022.1 release , as well as the upcoming Inspire EMEA  in the Netherlands, for anyone in the region.

For our first presentation, Chad Martin from DataPrepU went over some great 'Alteryx Tips and Tricks'! Chad is the Founder and Managing Partner from Data Prep U and specializes in Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI. The firm provides solutions development, instructor-led training, certification boot camps and on-demand traing. They have a highly informative YouTube Page , and are great resource for all things data. I have also attached the zip file with Chad's workflow and presentation. 

My favorite tip from the session dealt with preserving field order when cross tabbing a dataset, something I have struggled with many times. This can be solved with just a couple of extra tools and can save a great deal of hassle:

Preserve Field Order Cross Tab.jpg

Note that this trick also saves field name spaces from transforming into underscores, another time saver. I have attached a simple workflow example. 

For our final session, we had Adam Wilson, the former CEO of TriFacta present on the 'Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta.' It was great to see the tool in action, along with the many improvements the team has implemented in the past several months. For anyone interested in a 30 day free trial, you will find it here: https://www.alteryx.com/products/designer-cloud-trifacta .

As mentioned, I have added the Alteryx Tips & Tricks PDF files that were published annually from 2015 to 2019, as I have a tough time finding them on community. Not sure they are being produced anymore, but there are a lot of great tips in the existing archives.

Additionally, if anyone attended and could fill out a survey, it would be greatly appreciated.

Select “North America” then type: “Kansas City”
Survey link:  https://www.research.net/r/BQCNGMP 

Here is the recording: 

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to attend and interact with our presenters. If anyone has ideas or suggestions for upcoming meetings, we appreciate any input on timing, in-person or virtual, topics, complexity or other thoughts. Also anyone who would like to present, we would love the participation from the community. Looking forward to the next one!

Michael & Ashley

0 REPLIES 0