General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How to extract data from HTML code.

BihaniBhavesh
5 - Atom

Hello, I'm looking for solution to extract the strings present inside an HTML codes. Can you please share the code or Alteryx workflow to achieve final output like : 

Input : <span style="color: rgb(255, 153, 0); font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-size:20px;color:rgb(255,153,0);">My name is Ram </span></span>

Output : My name is Ram

Input : <b style="color: rgb(255, 153, 0);">Please Enter Name </b><div><b style="color: rgb(255, 153, 0);">Ram</b></div>

Output : Please Enter Name Ram

2 REPLIES 2
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello @BihaniBhavesh.

You can parse HTML inside of Designer in multiple ways. One way is to use the RegEx tool (see the attached workflow).

acarter881_0-1685400813275.png

For more complicated HTML, it may be best to resort to a programming language such as Python. The Python library called beautifulsoup is great at parsing HTML.

tristank
11 - Bolide

Here is a fun challenge for parsing HTML 

You can look at some of the solutions and practice parsing yourself but generally, @acarter881 hit it right on the head. You will want to look for patterns in the HTML using Regex to parse

Best of luck!

Tristan

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels