General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

2022.3 Release and R Libraries (and problems logging a call)

JohnWood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I've tried to log an incident but its telling me my eMail is inconsistent despite my "about" email being the same as my alteryx download & community login.

I've recently downloaded and installed 2022.3 (Designer, R Comps, AIS) and now my R components have stopped working. I use my own R libraries. It was fine initially (Standard R based tools) but when I ran one of my workflows with my own R object, it told me one of my R Libraries was not installed. I installed the missing package then non of the R packages worked, including the R based tools.  They worked fine previously. (reference to an Error:  package or namespace load failed for 'AleryxPredictive')

I run R and R Studio as well and suspect there's a conflict somewhere. My original install was earlier in the year (may 2022)  and I had no issues with the R Libraries. I have had a read around the community but there's nothing which stands out as obvious. My next step is to uninstall and install an earlier version. I'm leaning to 2021.3 as opposed to 2021.4 which also has a patch.

Any recommendations?

Thanks John

4 REPLIES 4
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JohnWood 

Can you please provide the full error message?

What version were you on prior to upgrading? 

Does re-installing the predictive tools help at all?

I would recommend checking out this article.

You can attempt to re-install the rcpp package. 

1) Can you please open the R.exe file in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\bin as an administrator, and then try running the following code:

2) install.packages("Rcpp", lib = "C:/Program Files/Alteryx/R-version/library")

I would recommend going back to the version where this had previously worked (2021.3 or 2021.4).

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

JohnWood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi PanPP.

Thanks for your prompt response. I've just uploaded a picture of the error message. error.png.  This was in response to running an example R embedded workflow. I've tried reverting to the previous version but I get a new error saying this was produced by a later version so am reverting to 2022.3 so I can at least work. Once reinstalled Ill action your list. (I don't have admin rights due to compliance requirements in my industry so Ill need to line up an IT guy). I'll update the discussion when I'm there. Again, thank you for your help. John

JohnWood
6 - Meteoroid

Well, Im getting closer. After numerous reinstalls, I downloaded the package installer from the gallery and when I install the ggpubr package, it at least doesn't break my R tools!  My new challenge is "Error: package 'ggplot2' 3.3.5 is loaded, but >= 3.4.0 is required by 'ggpubr'. I have tried using the package installer to install ggplot2 in the hope it upgrades it (safely!) but I still get conflict error. This is one I can work around at the moment. Im working through my other libraries and they are installing so far.  I've had to go back to version 2022.1 and if you use your own R tools, I strongly recommend you don't upgrade to 2022.3

JohnWood
6 - Meteoroid

Our IT, with full admin rights, uninstalled and installed Alteryx, R & AIS at 3022.3. Without the need to install my packages again. Everything working. Looks to be a compatibility issue

Labels