Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Now that Gallery has been on Community for a little over a year, it seems like a good time to look back at some interesting macros, tools, and packages! Keep reading to see the wide variety of useful Gallery uploads (and note, for this blog, I am excluding Alteryx-created items and only looking at user submissions). Who knows, maybe one of them can solve the use case you’ve been stuck on or help speed up your workflow development time.

CReW Data Cleanse, by @MarqueeCrew 

MeganDibble_0-1674250942581.png

This data cleanse tool provides you with more functionality and a faster cleanup.

Jira Iterative Macro, by @SDB40 

MeganDibble_1-1674250942612.png

The Jira iterative macro obtains Jira data in a transactional record-based format. The macro connects to Jira through their API, establishing a customizable query that will iteratively retrieve records from a Jira project.  The workflow parses and processes the JSON data into a consumable format for further analysis. You can find detailed documentation in this post.

Geocoder Macro, by @chris_traveltime 

MeganDibble_2-1674250942639.png

This macro from TravelTime can be used to convert street addresses into lat-long coordinates, and vice versa. Enables addresses to be added to the map as points for further analysis. Download a free API key to get started.

Alteryx Private Gallery API Runner, by @patrick_digan

MeganDibble_3-1674250942666.png

If you have an Alteryx Private Gallery setup, you can use your key and secret to hit the various api endpoints with this macro. See this post and this post which have details on how to obtain your key and secret as well as background on how the macro was built.

CReW Outlier Detection (Beta), by @MarqueeCrew 

MeganDibble_4-1674250942704.png

This macro enables you to detect outlier data points by a variety of methods.  You can identify, delete or modify the points.  The macro is in beta and any feedback about the functions or how the macro works would be appreciated. 

Hierarchy Generation Macro, by @NicoleJ

MeganDibble_5-1674250942730.png

This macro will generate a hierarchy table that displays all the parents of a given child field, based on an input that provides a list of child-parent relationships.  For a blog article describing the macro in detail, please refer to this article: Building a Hierarchy with Kevin Bacon.

Password Protected Excel Input Tool, by @IraWatt 

MeganDibble_6-1674250942750.png

This tool allows you to pass a password and file location of a password protected Excel file and input its data into Alteryx. Once installed, it will appear in the In/Out tool group.

Output to multiple Excel files or sheets, by @DataNath 

MeganDibble_7-1674250942772.png

This macro allows users to easily output their workflow to multiple Excel files or sheets, removing the need for creating a custom file path each time either of these options are required.

One-Hot Encoder, by @mceleavey 

MeganDibble_8-1674250942794.png

A simple One-Hot Encoder tool allowing for quick and easy encoding of your categorical variables.

Business Days Count, by @Ladarthure 

MeganDibble_9-1674250942824.png

This Macro is intended to allow you to count the business days between 2 dates for each row in your dataset. It takes into account your organization’s and your country’s holidays. The package contains the macro itself and a demo workflow for easier use.

There you have it—10 great tools to try out in your Alteryx workflows. A big thanks to the community members tagged above for sharing their knowledge and skills with everyone.

Is there something that you downloaded from Gallery that has made your workflow development easier? Share it in the comments below!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments