Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

PyCharm configuration for AlteryxPythonSDK

akrinsky
5 - Atom

I'm having trouble getting pycharm to recognize AlteryxPythonSDK.pyd and dll and therefore allowing type assist and compilation.

I've tried adding external paths to interpreter, putting these libraries in the minicondas dlls and lib\site-packages directories.

Any success out there?

10 REPLIES 10
akrinsky
5 - Atom

Adding /bin and /bin/Plugins to the system path, in combination with adding both to the interpreter paths, seems to do it.

FWIW, lower level methods still do not resolve.

MichaelCh
Alteryx
Alteryx

Which lower level methods?

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

What are all the environment paths that we need to have set up?  I've added /bin and /bin/Plugins, but that hasn't resolved my issue.  I still can't import AlteryxPythonSDK.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

MichaelCh
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you configuring PyCharm to use the python.exe that ships with Alteryx?

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, that way I know which packages I need to add.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

MichaelCh
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think @wthompson may be able to help you here.

wthompson
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have not configured my community version of PyCharm to use Alteryx\bin\Miniconda\python.exe interpreter.  I will try that and configure the paths to the AlteryxPythonSDK and post a follow-up here.  It seems that you are pretty close, though.

wthompson
Alteryx
Alteryx

To configure PyCharm to import AlteryxADK, I did the following:

1. Add a new Python interpreter 'Alteryx Python 3.6' and set to 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\python.exe'

2. Add 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin' and 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Plugins' to Settings Interpreter Paths

int_paths.png
3. Add a new configuration and set Python interpreter to 'Alteryx Python 3.6' and set Working directory to 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin'

work_path.png

ca123456789
6 - Meteoroid

Does the intellisense/autocomplete work in pycharm for The AlteryxPythonSDK?  Code runs but intellisense doesn't work.