Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
PaulR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As a marketing professional, I am constantly asked to justify the investments I make across all the communication channels we use in my company. While I’d like to reinforce the “two drink minimum” perception of my chosen profession, I’m very much in favor of ensuring every dollar I spend for my company actually produces growth.

With a few of notable exceptions, one of the areas in which marketing has struggled most to justify its investments is social media, but there is not doubt this can be a critical source of value and growth for any marketing team.  To build on this theme, we’ve just released a new solution brief called “What’s the True Value of a Facebook Like?”

One recent proof-point of the challenge of social media ROI was a study conducted by Lithium Technologies that showed only 2.8 percent of marketers saw improved customer interactions after a Facebook “Like.” While I agree with Lithium that building communities is a cornerstone of driving growth (BTW: look out for some great enhancements to the Alteryx community model shortly), I believe that the biggest issue holding back the credibility of social media as a marketing investment is the inability to tie social media interactions and the raw data it produces to any other aspect of what the marketing and sales departments do. 

With the new social media connectors in Alteryx Strategic Analytics 7.0, you can actually connect the dots between your social media data and core corporate data. Using the Alteryx solution, you can answer key questions, such as “Are any of these vistors to my Facebook page actually buying anything?” and “Did the Tweet we sent with the 10 percent discount result in an increase in sales?”

Seems like these strategic questions to me… now back to the marketing happy hour.

Download the solution brief for “What’s the True Value of a Facebook Like?” now.

Paul Ross

VP of Product & Industry Marketing

Alteryx