Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Unable to view Private Studio API Secret

SME_Steve
7 - Meteor

Hi,

When trying to show my Private Studio API Secret I'm getting an error (below)

Has anyone seen this before and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance

Steve.

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SME_Steve 

This is currently a known issue with Alteryx Server, and our development team is aware of the issue. The issue occurs when a Subscription has the "API Enabled" option set to YES during creation. The error does not occur if the subscription has the "API Enabled" option set to NO originally during creation, and is then changed to YES after the subscription has been created. The API Key and Secret will then appear as expected.

A workaround for now would be to create a new subscription and set the "API Enabled" option to NO during creation, and then change the value to YES afterward. You can then move the user into that subscription.

If you are currently in a situation where it is not feasible to create a new subscription due to the amount of workflows that exist in the subscription where you are having issues with the secret, please reach out to Support (support@alteryx.com) directly.

Jake 

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
SME_Steve
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jake,

Your workaround did the trick!

Steve.

louisaobrien
5 - Atom

Hi @JakeS,

Has this issue been resolved in future patches or releases? I'm on 2019.3 Server where this is occurring, but haven't seen anything in release notes to indicate it has been resolved.

JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @louisaobrien 

This issue persists through the most recent release of Alteryx Server (2019.4). Our product team is planning on a fix for the issue in an upcoming release. 

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
louisaobrien
5 - Atom

OK, that's fine. Thanks for your response - can you update this thread when you know which version it will be deployed in please?

mhaala
5 - Atom

When is the fix planned to arrive ?

Please give us a guide to hack the Alteryx server so we can get the API working.

Or tell us how to create a new subscription, move people over to that without loosing flows in the process.