Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Un-Blobbing MongoDB results OutputLog

Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

So I am connecting to our Alteryx MongoDB (2023.2 patch 3) via odbc connection and I am wanting to access the outputlog for the jobs, However the log is stored as a Blob in "Binary format" and I am wondering if there is an easy way to extract the logs, all of the settings in the Blob convert tool haven't been working for me.

2024-06-20 15_18_50-AlteryxService MongoDB Schema.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @Kmaclean , 

By using the Alteryx Server Usage Report, you can leverage the Service parser macro to access the blob data. All you need to do is open the pre-built "Server data parsed" macro and incorporate it into your new workflow to effortlessly retrieve the blob data.

Regards, 

Ariharan Rengasamy

deepakvasu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am also trying to derive human readable information from outputlog to see status of completed scheduled jobs - does ServiceDataParser macro still work on 2023.2 or is there another method to achieve this please? 

venza
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

There is no Alteryx Server Usage Report for the 2023.2.X version listed on the download site, where can we find it ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@venza @Kmaclean @deepakvasu  I'm attaching the Service Data Parser macro here that still works on 23.2 for fields like the OutputLog in the ASResults table

deepakvasu
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for response and copy of macro. Unfortunately, I get errors in the first two steps of the macro.