Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Sharepoint Files Input Tool not able to schedule

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

I've got a workflow with an Sharepoint Files Input tool in it.

the tool gets data and processes this downstream.

When I run this in Designer the WF run's just fine but after I schedule the same workflow I get an error

Error: SharePoint Files Input (1): Failed to authenticate.

How can I make sure that the Scheduler also uses the sames valid credentials to authenticate against the sharepoint environment?

I'm using the SharePointFiles_v1.1.0.yxi version because the latest version starts from version 3.4 (we got 3.3)

9 REPLIES 9
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @MartWClimber ,

Take a look at this suggestion from Alteryx support and check if it works.

Instructions from Alteryx Support:

The SharePoint Files connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the Salesforce tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@fmvizcaino can you give me screenshot of what i need to do?

I've opened up the Registry Editor en gone to WOW6432NODE/SRC/Alteryx

after that i've right clicked and then on the right side a new row appiers.

the options what do I need to fill in?

Columns I got are Name, Type, Data

Name: New Value#1

Type REG_SZ

Data: empty

MartWClimber_0-1650979239399.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MartWClimber 

1. Select string value after right-clicking.

fmvizcaino_0-1650979496279.png

2. Right-click and rename to PythonAllowHideEncryption 

3. Double-click and include true as value

fmvizcaino_1-1650979843577.png

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@fmvizcaino on the server VM I got this created. on the designer VM I get the following Error 

MartWClimber_0-1650980289007.png

I still tried an run it but with no Luck. I still got the same Error.

Does this mean that I also need to create a registry entery on the designer VM too for it to work?

EDIT:

on the server VM I can schedule a WF with the credentials and everything runs.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MartWClimber , 

Yes, you have to do in both machines. I suggest you testing and publishing from the designer on the server machine and if that works, you go after debugging the registry issue

raychase
11 - Bolide

@fmvizcaino - what exactly does this registry change do?  I've tried researching it, and there doesn't appear to be a plethora of information readily available.

lzanotti
8 - Asteroid

hi Community, 
hope you are well.
we have different workflows which uses SharePoint Input/Ouptut tool and works perfect loacally in Designer. 

However when publishing in the gallery (even though deployment is successful) the run from the server generates error on SharePoint "Failed to authenticate". 
The steps we have done so far is to install a regedit key as explained here but again with not avail. 

The tool itslef uses the Sign-in browser option but now we may try to use the Client/Tenant Secret: we are awaiting our IT dept to provide these.  

Do you know if the Sign in browser should work anyway, is there any step we may have missed? 

Thanks

Luca

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lzanotti ,

I could be mistaken here but from what I know, these are the options you can use on the gallery.

fmvizcaino_0-1671731355250.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

lzanotti
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando, 

many thanks to get back to me on this. 

Unfortunately option 3 does not work, it continues to return error 401 even though I am quiet confident the URL is ok and also the username pwd. 

We are exploring option 2 now but waiting our IT dept. get back to us. 

Thansk

Luca