Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Insight tool issue

Razb
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I'm trying to upload an insight to the gallery and recieving the following error message: 

Razb_0-1672064056437.png

Does someone familiar with the issue and able to help with troubleshooting? 

*Insight and insight worker enabled on system settings. 

Thanks ! 

3 REPLIES 3
anique265
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Razb ,

Can you ensure the ports mentioned in the Insights Configuration are open from your server and the client machines. Alternatively, it could also be possible that the user publishing the insights does not have all the necessary permissions. Try updating the permissions and see if it works.

Razb
7 - Meteor

Sure, ports are open. I am able to publish workflow but not able to publish insights.

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Razb - can you double-check your permissions on the server? I believe you need all Curator permissions to publish insights. Also, double-check the recommendations from this article. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Publishing-and-Sharing-an-Insight/ta-... 

Summary of troubleshooting steps:

"

Few things you may check-

1. if you trying to re-publish any existing one, then pls try to publish it with different name

2. try to save your Alteryx workflow on your local first. then close and reopen the same workflow. Try to re-publish.

3. try to access your private gallery using the same URL and level of access you have

4. if nothing works then you may try to restart the Alteryx server service."