Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Not seeing new users

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've recently added a few new users to my company's gallery but I am unable to find them as users, I had to search for their private studios to locate them and move to a desired studio, see example below:

I added the user Lucy and searching for it returned no results

UnseenUser1.PNG

i was able to find her private studio and then move her to the studio I want. Currently this is the only way I can find these users I added (about 14 of them)

UnseenUser2.PNG

Clicking on the user name on the studio brings me to the Edit User page, so the user exists. I was also able to login as the user, download workflows, etc.. but I still can't search for the user.

UnseenUser3.PNGThis is an issue because I have to add the user to a data connection, but since I can't search for them, I can't add them, Anyone experienced this before?

Currently using Alteryx Server v11.3

12 REPLIES 12
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Correct me if i'm wrong- but I think if you have "enable users to register" they have to register after you have added them for them to show up.

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Derangedvisions

Can't say i'm a server expert, but I believe the button only enables/disables manual user registration (i.e. a user goes to the server page and chooses to register). It doesn't seem to affect a user, after the admin has added him/her. From the docs:

"By default, users are not allowed to sign up for access to your company's private Gallery. To allow users to sign-up for your company's private Gallery, on the Users page, select Yes for Enable User Registration."

I also tried changing that option to "No" and add a new user, but I am still unable to see them.

Thank you,

Carlos

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

@Carlos_A - interesting - I actually just added someone to our server, and i'm seeing the same thing you are (she isn't even showing up under users)

Could be a bug- this is the first time I've added someone since we upgraded to 2018.2. I'll have to look into this further!

Let me know if you figure it out!

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

@Derangedvisionsinteresting that is happening to other users as well as in newer versions, we are still using version 11.3 of the server.

I have contacted Alteryx support and sent some logs to them, i'll post here again if I hear anything back.

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

I have also contacted support! i'll be interested to see if it's the same issue (even with us using different versions) 

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Derangedvisions,

I was on a call with @Carlos_A earlier today and we fixed his issue. We had to rebuild the search index of Alteryx Gallery (Lucene). This operation is generally done in coordination with Customer Support. As I understand that you have already logged a ticket with our team, my colleagues will be able to assist you.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Thanks @PaulN unfortunately we tried that and it didn't work- so they are still looking into it.  

EddieW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @PaulN

We tried clearing locks and re-indexing today with @Derangedvisions and this time it resolved the issue. We verified and the missing user is now showing up. 

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
Peter_K
5 - Atom

We are also seeing this is our test 2018.3 environment. Can somebody please post the steps required to resolve it?