Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Connection to Impala Database in Server

RubenCastr
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am a newby to Alteryx. Has anyone ever created a connection to an Impala database in server? Or created the connection string in the Manage In-DB Connections and made it work?

So far I have only been able to create a connection on my local computer by using that node and passing the ODBC connection created in ODBC Data Sources like the picture attached.

2024-09-09_08h21_52.png

But I'm pretty sure this will not work on the server because it is not the whole connection string.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RubenCastr ,

You are correct, this connection was created in your ODBC admin settings and to use it, you need to guarantee there is a connection configured on the server with the same DSN (connection name).

My suggestion is for you to create a DSN-less connection. If you are using the simba ODBC, please take a look at this document, at page 60

https://docs.posit.co/drivers/1.6/pdf/Simba%20Impala%20ODBC%20Install%20and%20Configuration%20Guide....

If you have an user and password, your connection string will look similar to this: 

Driver=Simba Impala ODBC Driver;Host=[Server];
Port=[PortNumber];AuthMech=3;UID=[UserName];
PWD=[Password];

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!