Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Chained Workflows with user input

Benk95
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community.

I have two workflows, which can essentially be thought of as a user input mid-way through an app.

The app should initially run (this queries a database) then the output of said query should be provided to the user as an excel output. The user then adds some flags, before re-uploading back into the app, triggering the second workflow to do its thing and finish the app. 

However, the chained apps do work together, but there is no excel output in the middle step when running on Gallery. It does work locally, just not on Gallery.

Why the inconsistency between Designer and Gallery?

I can of course split this between two apps, but would rather not as that adds complexity to the user experience.

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Benk95,

When you tell us you can flag the excel file do you mean you perform some edits on the excel?

Also could you tell us wich version of designer/gallery are you using?

Regards

Benk95
7 - Meteor

Yes, manual edits. We need the user to add a Yes or a No to each row (roughly 100 rows depending on the parameters).

We are using version 2019.3.2 of Server and 2019.3.5 for Designer.

Thanks!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Benk95,

This type of modifications cannot be performed on the gallery as the functionality is not the same. You can check it on this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Chained-Application-on-Gallery-displayin...

Basically what they tell is that the mid-phase, where it stops between the apps, this doesnt exist on the gallery and goes on to the end.

Tldr: I'm sorry to tell you that, as far as I know, currently its not possible

Regards

Benk95
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose we will spread it across multiple apps.

cheers, Ben