Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Chained Application on Gallery - displaying results mid application

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Hello All, 

I'm working with chained application which is basically modifing/adding records in database. In first part (link) application is selecting records from database and second part (link) of application allows to modify vlues of fields in selected records.

What I want to do is to display values of all fields in selected records for user.

The thing is that it is working fine in designer but when I put it to Company Gallery I'm loosing ability to show this mid point to user

Am I missing some part of configuratin needed to display the output of Render tool while running application on server or there is some other way to display the result on server?

Thank in advance for any suggestion

First application end pointFirst application end point

Render tool configuration is below :

Render configurationRender configuration

and properties of first part of application

Properties of first link of applicationProperties of first link of application

7 REPLIES 7
spencer_ryan
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Ukashi,

I'm experiencing this same issue and found this idea post from 2013...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Chained-apps-have-mid-step-outputs/idi-p/138...

It looks like it's not fixed yet, so sorry for the lack of help...at least now you know others are experiencing the same thing ;) 

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Spencer_ryan, 

Thank you very much for this - as  you wrote - even though it do not solve my problem it is good to know that people are struggling with the same problem and that I need to look for different solution.

Maybe Alteryx will take care of this issu finally...

spencer_ryan
6 - Meteoroid

Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same!

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Of course will do it :)

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Spencer, 

I was recently on Alteryx Inspire Europe and I had occassion to talk to one of Alteryx Engineers on that case and he confirmed that it cannot  be done on a server. 

I got some maybe when I've asked about possible rework of server functionalities in the future.

spencer_ryan
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for keeping me updated Ukashi! Hope you had a fun and educating time at Inspire

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Yeah - Alteryx Inspire was great and really inspiring :)