Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Automatically change gallery mongoDB value when user is no longer with company

csh8428
11 - Bolide

Our Gallery isn't connected directly to our HR system. So, when an employee is terminated their access is not revoked from the gallery. I can connect to our HR system to check for terminated employees and I know how to read from the MongoDB to get the user's info(Alteryx Gallery Database and users collection).

What I don't know how to do is WRITE to the mongoDB to revoke the users access. I'm guessing I would want to change the following fields to "False"

Active, CanSchedule, CanSetPriority, CanSetWorkerTag,CanCreateCollections and set AccountLocked to True? Is that correct? If so, how can we write to the MongoDB?

Thanks,

Craig

1 REPLY 1
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @csh8428.

I'm not 100% sure where you can change it. Probably one of these will work, need to test or to be more precise you can take a look at the documentation about the mongodb structure.

If I'm not wrong I think that the correct option to change is on user collection on AlteryxGallery schema change the option ACTIVE 

carlosteixeira_0-1643988237272.png

• Active:  (Boolean) The user's email address is active.
  • carlosteixeira_1-1643988297494.png

https://help.alteryx.com/20212/server/alteryxservice-mongodb-schema

(BUT BE CAREFUL - IY YOU ARE GOING TO EDIT MONGODB, DO IT UNDER THE SUPERVISION BY ALTERYX SUPPORT)

(And always backup mongo before any changes)

And, generally, when we need to do some change directly on mongodb we are using the ROBO3T for it.

Best regards.

Carlos A Teixeira

Carlos A Teixeira
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!