Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery AD Authentication Error

lykasegura
5 - Atom

I've been getting the error message "Current security context is not associated with an Active Directory Domain or Forest" when setting up AD Authentication to work with Alteryx Gallery. See below:Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 11.28.12 PM.png

Further research led me to believe that this is because I’ve been trying to set up the AD Authentication using a local administrator account so I tried to do it with a service account that belongs to the same domain as my users but I am still getting the same error. This is the line from the config.js that is being referred to in that error:

user = JSON.parse(cs.searchActiveDirectory(defaultAdmin));

I was hoping you could shed some light on this error.

2 REPLIES 2
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This type of error typically occurs if the Alteryx System Settings isn't able to query the domain properly. This can occur for a number of reasons, but is almost always a some sort of communications issue with the domain. Please ensure that the server is joined to the appropriate domain, that you are logged in and running the System Settings with an account that has permissions to query that domain, and that the account is also an administrator on the server. If these conditions are confirmed and you still encounter the issue please try rebooting the server.

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

I am experiencing a similar issue with Alteryx Server 2021.4 during the System Settings setup phase. The script error occurs on the Gallery Authentication tab and says, "Global catalog not found in forest [our domain]." It does, however, call out the exact same line of code in conf.js, i.e., user = JSON.parse(cs.searchActiveDirectory(defaultAdmin))

@lykasegura, can you let me know which suggestion from @KevinP worked for you, please? Also, @KevinP, is the error I'm receiving likely resolved the same way as @lykasegura resolved their issue?

rymatt830_1-1672857241583.png