Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow runs without error on server but data is not written in data lake

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, 

I am a new Alteryx user and I have been having issue in writing the output to data lake using stream out tools. The driver I am using is databricks bulk loader (AVRO). The table gets created but the data is not written in the table. I get no error while executing the workflow. Below is the snapshot of same

Neha_0-1661497095353.png

Additionally, the workflow runs fine on my desktop but the issue arises only when I run it on the sever. The file connection for both is same and the server can access the file connection. When i try to access the table created, I get following error (Alteryx and Databricks)- 

Error: Browse In-DB (6): Error SQLExecute: [Simba][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error running query: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 45102.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 45102.0 (TID 38664) (10.99.106.135 executor 10): org.apache.avro.AvroTypeException: Found Alteryx, expecting org.apache.hadoop.hive.CannotDetermineSchemaSentinel, missing required field literal         at org.apache.avro.io.ResolvingDecoder.doAction(ResolvingDecoder.java:308)          at org.apache.avro.io.parsing.Parser.advance(Parser.java:86)   at org.apache.avro.io.ResolvingDecoder.readFieldOrder(ResolvingDecoder.java:127)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.readRecord(GenericDatumReader.java:239)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.readWithoutConversion(GenericDatumReader.java:179)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.read(GenericDatumReader.java:160)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.read(G

Neha_1-1661497336111.png

Thanks

Neha

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Neha ,  please see the threads below that may help you with your issue. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Configure-a-Databricks-Conne...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Databricks-connection-fails/td-p/51833... 

If this helps resolve your issue, please mark this response as the solution so that others in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the reply. 

It turned out to be an issue with one of the drivers on the server. Sorry for the delayed reply, I didnt log into my alteryx acc since last few months.

Thanks

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Neha , glad that you resolved the issue!  What driver did you download that ended up being the solution?