Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

COVID Contact Tracing Model - Not sure what function to use?

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I am stuck with a query here. Attached for reference

From the attached data set for Contact tracing, I need to trace who was in a particular zone in a particular time frame. 

Say for example - Batman is tested +ve, how will I be able to see who was in the zones with Batman. Within a time frame (say + - 30 min). The data set is only for a day to reduce the complexity. Can I populate 2 new columns names as Zones Accessed and Close Contacts somehow to answer this question? 

Apologies if this is still unclear, but feel free to ask if more clarification is required. 

Thanks,  

@grazitti_sapna

10 REPLIES 10
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666  give this a try I am not sure about output but this is what I understood from what you have described. Please refer to the attached screenshot and workflow for reference.

grazitti_sapna_0-1599800404418.png

Note: Also attaching a workflow performed on overall data.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , if this post worked for you kindly mark it as solution to help users finding a solution with similar problem.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Sorry to be a pain. But, it looks like the requirement I provided were not right! I mean they were right in a way but does not help in getting to the bottom of the puzzle. Your comment on the below post is sort of what turns out to be the solution but execution has to be a bit different. 

-- So lets take a case for example : 

Angela Jolie started at 6:34:07 AM and was in a Zone Engg._W/Shop until 10:31:03 AM. From 10:31:03 AM until 02:28:57 pm she was in Main_OUT area. 

So, I need an extra column to derive who else was in those locations during those times. If I can get their times as well that would be a add on bonus. I tried to somehow do it but couldn't get the desired output. 

Can you please help me again? 

Thanks,  

Use Case 1.JPG

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Concatenate-minimum-Start-Time-and-max...

udles5666_0-1600057638823.png

Attached for reference and screenshot attached. Thanks a ton!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but give this a try as much as I understood from your query.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600067791839.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

I think I am very close. Just 2 last fixes in the same model you provided. 

1. The model has duplicates :  Screenshot below. 

2. When I appended more rows into the data set it couldn't handle - Meaning the Start Date and the Right Start Date don't match.

Updated model attached with the updated dateset. Thanks again. 

#ThirdTimeLucky 🙂 

Duplicates.JPG

Not matching.JPG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , check now I am posting updated version.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

I had a look again and it appears like the results are not right. 

I have drafted a spreadsheet with 3 tabs. 

Data_Test tab is the whole data set. 

Example  59449 on 13092020 tab is the explanation of the use case.

End Result tab is the end output I want from the Alteryx workflow. 

All dates need to be in dd mm yyyy format

Also, have renamed the columns to be the one's we need output result to be.

Can you please help with this again? Thanks,

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , I have created this workflow please check, The result matches the output records.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600151682991.png

In case of any queries let me know.

PS: In case you want to run this workflow for all the records remove the filter before join.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

The data looks good and matches for Anjana. But when I remove the filter, and include a fork on the JOIN, I get Anjana in the output which shouldn't be.

Can you please amend the calculation to get all the entries? 

Thanks, 

Potential case shouldnt be a close contact.JPG

Labels