Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

replace whole field

Evita2510
5 - Atom

Hey I want to replace the column value completely based on condition. I tried replace and regex but they don't replace the entire field. For example:

If my column contains anything with 'gravendeel' I want to change the value to : The Hague.

But the column has multiple options, for example: 

' s gravendeel

s- gravendeel 

I tried: Regex_Replace([ShippingCity], 'gravendeel', 'The Hague') But then the output is : s-The Hague or 's The Hague. 

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Evita2510,

you can use the find and replace field. Please explore examples build in Alteryx. I have a feeling yoi will find inspiration in there.

Evita2510
5 - Atom

I did, but the output is not as desired. My column has several variants, but as soon as it contains, in this example, 'gravendeel'  I want 'the hague' in its place. but it only replaces the 'gravendeel' part. See my examples from earlier

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Can you try this formula?

IIF(Contains([Field1], 'gravendeel'), 'The Hague', [Field1])

Please change the field 1 with the column name

Evita2510
5 - Atom

thankyou

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels