Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"For" loop that goes through each column

FernandoSantello
6 - Meteoroid

So, I'm trying to create a flow using this table:

FernandoSantello_1-1626274717621.png

What I need the flow to do is run through each "Profile" column, and filter for me everything that starts with "0" (and I will put the result of the filter into an output file, but that I know how to do). So in this example, I would need the row Profile 1/Type 3 and the row Profile 2/Type 2. My problem is that the number of profiles can (and will) increase with time, that's why I can't "hardcode" the same actions for each profile. The ideal output would be something like this (on another file):

FernandoSantello_2-1626275163733.png

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this dynamic loop? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Transpose Type is your key column.

Next filter

regex_match([value],"0.*")

apathetichell
19 - Altair

if you're adding additional profiles later just make sure that dynamic/unknown fields are checked on your transpose.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels