Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

looping through analytic app

doublej
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that is set up as an analytic app so that a date is chosen via a date selector and details from the chosen date are returned.  Now i have a need to run multiple dates worth of data.  The data is such that is has to look at conditions that existed on each specific reporting day so i cant run for a period and summarize.  is there a way to "loop" through the app while changing the effective date each loop?

Unfortunatley i cant post the workflow, contains customer data.

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

A batch macro should do the trick. @michael_treadwell explains them on his blog post. I'm not sure the best way to have a user select multiple dates for input though if you're getting the dates from the user. You would need a control parameter in your batch macro and in your module you would pass the date selections (1 in each row) into your batch macro's upside down ? input.

Let me know if you run into any problems! Batch macros aren't intuitive at first.

dataMack
12 - Quasar

I think a batch macro may be the best choice, but the Runner macros in the Crew macro pack might also work for this situation

doublej
7 - Meteor

@patrick_digan wrote:

A batch macro should do the trick. @michael_treadwell explains them on his blog post. I'm not sure the best way to have a user select multiple dates for input though if you're getting the dates from the user. You would need a control parameter in your batch macro and in your module you would pass the date selections (1 in each row) into your batch macro's upside down ? input.

Let me know if you run into any problems! Batch macros aren't intuitive at first.

this was very helpful, exaclty what i needed.  was able to supply a list of dates and it looped through.  Thanks!

Labels