Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow cutting off decimals in only one column

TriciaB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi wonderful community! I have a very weird situation I was hoping to get your help with. I would like to see if anyone has seen this before and maybe has an idea on how to fix it. 

I run a very simple combining workflow. The workflow pulls in several files and combines them. All files have the same columns and information, just for different entities. And all files use the same formatting. 

I use this combined output to run some analytic workflows which were throwing me some variances. Upon looking into it, it appears that for some reason, during the combining, three columns are truncating and eliminating any decimals and numbers after. There are 16 columns which are all "Double" types and only the MJE column's doing this. Has anyone seen this at all?  

I have attached some screenshots of the workflow, the configuration of the only select tool which shows the types, the results for the input going into the select tool and then the results for the output from the select tool. I do not understand what is wrong. Anyone have any input? 

***The three columns that are doing this are showing yellow in the workflow. When starting to use this workflow a year or so ago, I had updated those columns to double and the yellow has never gone away.

Thanks so much!

4 REPLIES 4
SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

Are you able to share the workflow and some example data with us to play with?

If you add a new select tool and a browse off of the union, do you see the same thing?

What are the data types of those fields before getting to the select?

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TriciaB,

Based on your screenshots, it seems that the values when entering the Select tool still retained the decimal places, but dropped the decimals at the output. 

Would it be possible to share some sample data, so we can try to replicate this issue to understand it better

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@TriciaB 

You better share your workflow

Arnaldo

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @TriciaB 

1. Please check the field type AND size in the final Select Tool

2. Consider making the two target columns Fixed Decimal Type, Size 19.6 by using ToNumber([FieldName])

3. Are there any warnings e.g. Field truncated...?

I hope you find this helpful - Cheers.

Labels