Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Validation Error

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

Hello,

While trying to upload a workflow to the Gallery to schedule, I am running into a validation error at the beginning of the control container. The gallery does not recognize the tool. I tried different combinations within the container, and this workflow failed to upload each time. Tool 126 is the select tool.

Sample.png

Some troubleshooting I performed before posting here:

1. Verify Tool Existence: Ensure that tool 126 actually exists within the workflow. It's possible that during some editing, the tool was removed or its ID was changed.

2. Check Dependencies: If tool 126 is a Select tool as you mentioned, check that all tools that depend on it or provide input to it are correctly configured.

3. Inspect the XML: Since the error is coming from an XML file (as indicated by .yxmd), you could open the workflow file in a text editor and search for "Tool 126" to see how it's referenced. There might be a node that is pointing to a non-existing tool.

4. Correct the XML: If you find an incorrect reference in the XML, you can manually correct it if you're familiar with the structure of the workflow file.

5. Recreate the Tool: If the tool is missing, you might need to recreate it in the workflow and ensure that all connections are properly made.

Any help please or direction on what I should do next!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you open the xml of the .yxmd notepad - search for tool 126 and then copy and paste it here? You probably need to delete the raw xml references.

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

<Node ToolID="126"> <GuiSettings Plugin="AlteryxBasePluginsGui.AlteryxSelect.AlteryxSelect"> <Position x="5874" y="90" /> </GuiSettings> <Properties> <Configuration> <OrderChanged value="False" /> <CommaDecimal value="False" /> <SelectFields> <SelectField field="Script" selected="True" /> <SelectField field="*Unknown" selected="False" /> </SelectFields> </Configuration> <Annotation DisplayMode="0"> <Name /> <AnnotationText>Select</AnnotationText> <DefaultAnnotationText /> <Left value="False" /> </Annotation> </Properties> <EngineSettings EngineDll="AlteryxBasePluginsEngine.dll" EngineDllEntryPoint="AlteryxSelect" /> </Node>

apathetichell
19 - Altair

ok. so that's weird. can you delete the select tool from your workflow. save it. readd teh select tool. save it. see if it has a different tool number - try republishing to server.

if there is no tool 126 - which would usually cause this error - delete that code you posted from the .yxmd in notepad. save it as a .yxmd - retry.

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

I tried different combinations, one that worked was removing all the control containers and using the 'block until done' tool in place. I will continue to modify the workflow, but the workflow is uploading in the gallery now. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels