Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Webscraping, JSON file, links in table not extracted and some name descriptions truncated

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

Roche_0-1648205140602.png

I need some help to understand how to get the links in column 3 to display in the parsed data (using xml parse or if there is another way to do this).  The website is F5 platform lifecycle support policy

I also find that the xml parse displays only a part of some of the column headers. 

Can someone please help me with these problems?

I also attach the flow.

Thank you, 

Rouche

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Roche 

Parsing would need to be done something like below

atcodedog05_0-1648207341635.png

Please look into the workflow and let me know if you have questions.

Hope this helps : )

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Roche ,

I took a similar approach to @atcodedog05 , and used the parsing tools to cut out the bits you need, rather than relying on the XML structure being correct.

My approach is slightly different regarding the URL being shown, which I think is the problem you're having, and that's because the URL itself is outside the HTML tags, and so only the display text was being parsed.

I separated the header lines from the content, parsed them independently, and unioned back together on position:

mceleavey_0-1648209050502.png

This gives the URL it's own parse, and so returns this value:

mceleavey_1-1648209098835.png

Like I said, similar to @atcodedog05 but just handles the URL differently.

M.

Bulien

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 and @mceleavey , thank you for the solutions.  Both solutions gave me very useful insights.  The solution I decided to use is @atcodedog05 since what I needed in JSON_Valuestring3 was the actual date that was entered as a link and not the actual link.  Thank you very much to both of you. I appreciate your help a lot! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Roche 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Thank you :)  Same to you

Labels