Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using iterative macro to transfer a row to specific fields

mbajic
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a table which consists of multiple rows, for example:

Table 1

NameYearDateActivityHours
John Adams20221/1work50
Adam Smith20222/1project70

The final table is not of the same format, for example:

Table 2

1/12022 
 John Adams work  

Now I need to use the first row data (for John Adams) and transfer it to another sheet/excel file (Table 2) Table 2 is always of the same format.. But then I need to to the same for Adam Smith. Since new people will be regularly put to that table is there a way to make the process repeat itself by creating a loop with each new row until there are no more names. I heard that Iterative Macro is a great tool. Also it is very important to put each set of rows in separate worksheets or excel files.

I hope I described the problem well. Thank you to anyone who helps in one way or the other.

Best regards,

Matej

2 REPLIES 2
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mbajic 

How's this for an approach:

OllieClarke_0-1650636265357.png

which outputs this:

OllieClarke_1-1650636291359.png

We can then use the RecordID field in the output data tool to output each person into their own sheet in the excel

OllieClarke_2-1650636362314.png

Hope that helps :)

Ollie

mbajic
6 - Meteoroid

I have been trying using your workflow and I cannot get it right, but it is exactly what i need. When I use my real input everything just connects to single row.

This is exactly how my first tables looks like.That happens in cross tab tool

NameHoursActivityDate 1Date 2Month YearFile_Name
John Adams50project1/1/20222/2/2022Dec2022AdamsHours

Can you explain how you used the second formula and cross tab tool, just so I can get similar result as you. And also how to know precisely to which cell the data goes:

John Adams goes to C4

50 goes to B11

Project goes to A10 

1/1/2022 goes to B26

2/2/2022 value should go to E29 cell.

Dec goes to B7

2022 goes to C7

AdamsHours goes to F1

Thank you for your first response, I hope you will help me with this question as well and sorry for the long question.

Kind regards,

Matej

Labels