Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

(Urgent) Delete Strikethrough Content in Alteryx

tamluenwai29
8 - Asteroid

Dear All, 

I am new to Alteryx. Currently, I am working on an Excel which contains strikethrough content and non-strikethrough within a cell. Whereas, I would like to remove all strikethrough content through Alteryx instead of executing VBA on Excel. 

I have gone through the following article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Knowledge-Sharing-Read-Excel-D...which related to read Excel data without strikethrough data. 

However, I got the following error: 

main_macro_excel_remove_strike_data (61) Record #1: Tool #19: There was an error in regex_search The complexity of matching the regular expression exceeded predefined bounds.  Try refactoring the regular expression to make each choice made by the state machine unambiguous.  This exception is thrown to prevent "eternal" matches that take an indefinite period time to locate.

Did someone know how to solve this error? Or how can I modify the existing workflow? The macro that I used in my workflow is from the above article, and I didn't make any changes to that. 

I have attached my workflow and the sample Excel file in this post down below. For the sample Excel file, I am focusing on "Project Status" Tab. Here's my expected output 
圖片1.png

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels