Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transferring the contents of a column

gkcekucuk
Átomo

Hi,

I am working with a dataset that has three columns for the same information. For example, there are three columns for tenant information; tenant1, tenant2, tenant3. If there is only one tenant, it should always be in tenant1 and the rest should be empty but that is not always the case. So if tenant 1 is empty and tenant 2 is not empty, I want to write what is in tenant 2 to tenant 1 and remove what is in tenant 2 column. And also do the same between tenant 2& 3 columns. Also if only Tenant 3 is filled I would like to write that info to tenant1. 

For example, this is the table I have now.

Tenant1Tenant2

Tenant3

Company A  
 Company BCompany C
  Company D

And I would like the table to look like this after the ETL process: 

Tenant1Tenant2Tenant3

Company A

Company B

Company C

Company D  

Is there a way to do this? I can write the columns with the formula tool but I am not sure how to remove the original columns after I put the information in the first column. Thanks! 

1 RESPUESTA 1
cjaneczko
Púlsar

Does this work? 

Insert a Record ID, then cleanse all of the data to remove blanks/nulls. Transpose the data by grouping on the RecorID. All other columns are Data columns. Filter out any of the blank/empty values. Generate a new row count with a multirow formula then transform and cross tab based on that new field.

image.pngimage.png

Encuestas
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Etiquetas