Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tough one

Dittau
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

If i have data that i filter out but will need at a later date (date is included in the data row that i will need later). Is there a way to take that data i filter out and save it down in a storage tool in alteryx so everyday when i run an automation that has new data, that previous data will stay until the day i need to send it out?

Scenario: date is a future date so i need to send an email out on that future date but i run new data everyday so if i reran the automation on the day i need to send the email the data i need to send out wouldn’t be included because it’s todays data and won’t be on the future date.

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can try making it a dynamic date - but to understand your problem better, can you visualize using a table?

Your input, your expected output, and what you are automating exactly.

Otherwise it is quite hard to follow your comment... Thanks

-Cal

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Dittau 

I've made a lot of assumptions and this is brute force.

Check it out - hopefully, you find it helpful - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1681180765249.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels