Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Table no longer showing up in union tool?

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

I am modifying an analytical app.

All my changes are upstream.

After I finished my changes I realize a downstream union tool is no longer receiving input from a preceding table tool.

Here is the surrounding context, none of which I have modified.

1.png

This shows what the union tool displays

2.png

The original app shows "table" here instead of being empty.

Now, when I run this problematic analytical app and browse the offending table #2 it shows a valid output - data seems to be passing through it fine. So I don't understand why the union tool shows empty

I have tried:

Running table #2 to a newly inserted union tool. I get the same behavior.

Replacing union tool's xml in newly updated app with xml from original app. No change.

Replacing table #2's xml in newly updated app with xml from original app. No change.

Copying a large chunk of tools including everything in the screenshots from production app to newly updated app and rewiring connections. This actually made things worse - even fewer tables show up in the union tool.

Any ideas?

Can't share workbook due to privacy.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm sure you already tried this, but just in case . . . have you tried inserting a browse tool after that 2nd table and made sure something actually comes out of it?  

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

Yes, it shows output in a browse tool. AND this can be confirmed because the output from that table actually flows into a text tool above which succeeds in showing up in the union tool, as you can see in the pictures.

Alteryx can be so weird sometimes. 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Very strange.  I'm at a loss.  I know sometimes I've had to copy entire modules (ctl+a then ctl+c), close and restart Alteryx, then paste everything into a blank canvas to get things to work and be configured correctly, but I think you said you tried that as well.

Labels