Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summing specific columns

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Hi - I have a rent schedule that shows tenant's annual rent by year.  See 'Source' tab.

Based on this schedule, I am trying to create a 5 year rent schedule that only shows 4 consecutive years from the Initial Year and then a total for all rents for the remaining years.   In my example, I have decided the initial year is 2017.  So I need 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.  The years 2022 and on will be a single total.

2015-2016 needs to be removed since I have decided 2017 is the initial year.   In tab 'Sample output' is the output I am expecting.

I would like to be able to change the Initial Year and then a similar schedule will be created, which would remove the years before the Initial Year and then totaling the remaining years after the Initial year+4 years.

Any sample workflows would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
danrh
13 - Pulsar

I didn't see the sample output in your file, but something like this sounds like it would do the trick:

image.png

Change the year in the Text Input, the Filters will remove the prior years and split the remainder. Take a look, see if it's more or less along the lines you were looking for.

Hope it helps!

Labels